Charles Gracie Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu provides a value based athletic platform for kids to develop Strength, Confidence and Personal Safety.
What does a value based athletic program encompass?
- Passion – All great achievements start with passion, it is what shapes our purpose and fuels everything.
- Family – Encouragement and support of friends and family is a key factor in building confidence in an athlete, and it’s this confidence that can lead to success in sporting events.
- Fun – What really matters to kids is having fun! So, the key to gaining life-long benefits from sports is to focus on participation and fun―not simply performance.
- Integrity – Everything of value stems from integrity. Our kids need to know that if they have integrity, they will be winners — no matter the outcome of the game.
- Teamwork – The heart of having a winning attitude and being “coach-able” is being a team player, because the whole is always greater than the sum of its’ parts.
- Pursuit of wisdom – Wisdom gained in sports is readily applied to other challenges in life. Sports can be one of life’s truly great experiences.
- Education – Strive to learn more in a chosen discipline than anyone else and never stop learning and growing.
- Enthusiasm – The ability to share positive experiences with others; the ability to create a buzz from your activities can be an indescribable thrill.
- Community – Anyone that has the time and the ability to give time to his/her community without want for return is a precious thing.
We at Charles Gracie Truckee choose to contribute to the community by providing quality and value based training through Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to the youth in our community.
Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s the determination and commitment to unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek.